Thank you Riddhi for nominating me! I just got my first award and now my second so whoop! If you guys have a chance, check out her blog for all things books.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
- What is the one thing you like about my blog? What is the one thing you don’t? (Sorry, I just really want feedback from my readers)
I mentioned this in my previous award post, but I love how engaged and positive you are within the blogging community. It makes me want to be more engaged and I have definitely been turned onto quite a few other bloggers to follow by your suggestions. I think one improvement could be adding hyperlinks of the Goodreads link or even where to buy the book into your book reviews. I always find it helpful when I can just click on a link and read more about a book if it peaks my interest.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
I will hopefully find a spot I went to settle down in and start saving for a house. I am hoping to still spend the next few years travelling and moving around, but in 5 years, I don’t think it will continue to be the most sustainable life haha.
- What do you think will be your next 5-star read?
So I have about 10-12 books downloaded on my kindle waiting to be read. Some have been there for awhile because I have a bad habit of putting books off for some reason, but I think my next 5 star read will either be Crown of Secrets by Melanie Cellier or Feels Like Home by Jo Cox.
- One piece of advice you wish you had when you started blogging?
Hm that’s tough because I still feel like I need someone to tell me some advice. I feel like I am doing this sort of blindly, but I enjoy doing it so that’s okay haha.
- How do you treat a reading slump?
I will either reread a book I know I love or I will find a new book that is quick, easy, and fun so I can read it without a whole lot of thinking.
- Do you aspire to write a book someday?
Yes! I have always wanted to do this. While I think I have some ideas in my head and I am a big picture person and I struggle focusing on details. Writing a book is all in the details so I think it would take me much longer to actually put together everything that the actually writing flow.
- One person who inspires you?
My madre of course. She is awesome and I have no idea what I would do without her.
- What book or book series were you not expecting to love/hate?
Hm, that’s a tough one. I feel like I go into books expecting to really like them or I wouldn’t want to read them. If I hate it, I am fairly quick to DNF a book, then I promptly forget about it unless it triggered me in some moral way. I know Leia Stone co-wrote a book called “Return to You” that I absolutely hated and DNF’d it for the way it portrayed women who get abortions. I love just about everything Stone has written in her fantasy novels, but this book offended me and I am sure many other readers so much, I am shocked it was printed.
- What is one thing that you love about the book blogging community?
I feel like everyone I see is fun and engaging. It also great to connect with fellow bibliophiles and get new book recommendations.
- What are your top 3 favorite fictional cities/kingdoms/regions?
Hogwarts, of course. I think every little kid wanted their owl to come with their letter. I would also love to visit Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory, because of course! And lastly, a Great Gatsby party.
- A GIF that describes your current read?
I literally will stay up all night every night to read.
- Melting Pages
- A Book A Thought
- Stephanie’s Book Reviews
- Classy x Book Reviews
- Kristin Kraves Books
- Books and Co.
- Bookworms Anonymous
- Books and Blends
- Soph’s Book World
- The Geekish Brunette
- Elaine Howlin
If you have a chance, please check out their blogs!
- I am going to steal this from Riddhi’s questions, but do you have feedback for my blog?
- What are your favorite type of blog posts to write? (i.e. book reviews, tags, etc.)
- What book do you most highly recommend that everyone reads?
- How old were you when you really started to get into reading? What made you want to start reading?
- What was the last book you DNF? Why?
- Do you have an interesting fact about yourself you don’t mind sharing?
- Would you rather only ever be able to read books after you saw the movie or have to read the last chapter of a book before you start it?
- Where is your favorite spot to read?
- If Covid-19 was cured and you could travel anywhere, where would you go? What would you do?
- What is your favorite and least favorite book trope?
- When was the last time you did something nice, helpful, etc. for someone else? If you feel comfortable, what did you do?
Thanks for reading!