Thank you @Whispering Stories for tagging me! This is the first time I have been tagged in a post so I am feeling pretty giddy about that, so thank you for that milestone! If you guys have a chance, check out her blog for all things bibliophilic.
ADAPTATION SNOB: Do you always read the book before watching the film/ TV show?
I try to, but that isn’t always the case. I do feel like I often don’t realize a movie or tv show was actually a book initially, so when I find out later, I am surprised by it. However, if possible, I definitely prefer to read the book first. If I know what is going to happen because I watched the movie before, I get really impatient reading waiting to get to that point, so it makes it less enjoyable.
FORMAT SNOB: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
I would 100% prefer a print book over any other medium. However, with my lifestyle, it isn’t really possible. I am on the go a lot and I read really quickly, so cost and transportation make e-books a better fit. I have never tried an audiobook, but I think I would have trouble focusing on the story?
SHIP SNOB: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
Ya, I have no problems with someone not enjoying reading so long as they respect my love for it. I hate watching television, but I would never consider that a deal breaker in a partner for me.
GENRE SNOB: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which one do you ditch?
I agree with Riddhi here, I would ditch non-fiction. I love getting lost in books, they are my escape from reality. I like when the books are whimsical and fun and full of adventure and of course, happy endings. Non-fiction doesn’t always fall in that category, so I tend not to read it anyways.
UBER GENRE SNOB: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
Oh, this is a hard toss up between fantasy, science fiction, and romance. I would say like 90+% of books I read fall into one of these three categories and I rotate through them. If I absolutely had to pick one though, I think it would be fantasy. Remember my whole loving of adventure and whimsical stories? That pretty much encompasses fantasy haha.
COMMUNITY SNOB: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
I think Young Adult books receive the most snobbery. Whether they are YA romance, fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, etc. they usually have lots of critics. I think people forget that these books are written for teenagers so we aren’t the target audience. Of course, the problems and characters seem juvenile and immature, they are meant to be.
Thank you for reading! I love taking part in book tags, they are always fun and get me thinking.
I nominate some of these blog I follow, if you have time, and/or want to do a book tag.
1. Vee Bookish : This blog has great book reviews, and honestly some of the best graphics I have seen!
2. TheGeekishBrunette : I can always count on her blog to find books to add to my TBR.
3. Books&Blends : Again, lots of awesome book reviews and I love that her posts include different mediums including music, Manga, books, TV shows, movies, etc.
4. BookwormsAnonymous : This blog was one of the first I followed after creating my own blog. I love browsing through the blog.
5. The Orangutan Librarian : Beyond book reviews, this blog has TONS of book related posts and is so creative and diverse in material.
6. Bookidote : I love that this blog exposes me to books are not in my usual go to genres or styles!
7. A Book A Thought : This is another one of the OG book blogs I followed when I first started blogging. The posts are so active and engaging, and I love the way she stylizes her posts.
8. ClassyxBookReviews : Literally all things books and bibliophiles!
Thank you for reading!